We traveled to Providenciales in July, 2016 for a quick 4-night vacation. We flew Delta from Atlanta in both directions and stayed at The Palms. Overall, I would highly recommend making the trip to Turks and Caicos as the beaches are some of the best in the world. Any trip there will be expensive given that almost everything must be imported but it can be worth it as a nice splurge. Quick summary of the trip:
Flights: Delta economy from ATL-PLS-ATL
Hotel: The Palms (~$550 per night for Junior Suite) – Room / facilities were clean and well-cared for. I thought the room was slightly on the small side for the price paid. Breakfast buffet was substantial and fresh. Would stay here again but open to exploring other options on the island as well.
Other: I would definitely recommend getting a rental car while on the island as there are plenty of places away from the resorts that are worth visiting. Sapodilla Beach was a favorite of ours. Do keep in mind they drive on the wrong side of the road so if you aren’t comfortable with that taxi’s might be a better option. We rented through Avis.
- Mango Reef Restaurant – Definitely a more local place, food was OK but the setting on a rather industrial marina left something to be desired
- Magnolia Wine Bar – Amazing setting up on a hill overlooking Grace Bay. Food was good but atmosphere is what sold this restaurant (see sunset pic below)
- Somewhere Cafe – Beachfront tiki bar that served basic bar food, beautiful setting
- Las Brisas – Located on Chalk Sound (see pic below), setting and food were great for a long lunch. Very close to Sapodilla Beach (see pic below)
- Infinity Bar – Beachfront restaurant at Grace Bay Club. Great location and atmosphere, food was OK. Expensive for what you get
- Coco Bistro – Best meal we had on the island. Off the beach location and reservations are difficult. Highly recommend
- Fresh Catch – This place came highly recommended but we came away disappointed. Located in a shopping center the location left a lot to be desired and the food was just OK
Trip summary in pictures below. Enjoy!